Monday, February 05, 2007

brrrrrrr

It is incredibly cold.
Its currently 11 degrees here, with a windchill of 10 below. The high -- 19 degrees, with a wind chill of 3. Granted, I shouldn't be complaining. It was in the 50s until, oh, 3 week ago. And I could be in Madison or Ann Arbor, where the wind chill is another 10 degrees lower......and that's not going to happen.
So Mom, I think you'll be happy -- I've officially deleted the job/HR sites of Michigan and Wisconsin from my favorite places and will no longer be considering jobs in the upper-middle portion of the country, as appearently I am a huge pussy about the cold. (Also, side note, thank goodness for treadmills, or I wouldn't be getting any cardio exercise for quite some time, seeing as we're not forecast to break freezing until at least Friday).
Lets blame it on the 5 years I spent in Texas. Wind chills in the 40s don't even make the map!
(Also, side note #2: I just noticed the wind chill in central IL is 20 below. Moments like this I thank the heavens that I left my plant job -- I don't even want to think about spending the day working around the stills or --eek-- loadout (which was right on the river) in this kind of cold.)

2 comments:

Blondie said...

No! Put Wisconsin back on! Especially Madison! Because just a few days of negative degree weather can't offset the utter and complete awesomeness of my city and state! Plus you could play rugby with our team.

P said...

Wisconsin is very nice from what I've seen of it. I would consider it more seriously if it had diving opportunities.

And you're a wuss. :p The windchill out here hasn't broken -15 during the daytime for over ten days. It hovers around -30 as soon as the sun goes down. "Fuck! It's fucking freezing!" has become my new most-uttered phrase.