Friday, August 10, 2007

Are you kidding me?

Do people really base their dinner choices on their conception of what their date will think?

"red meat on a date has become such an effective statement of self-acceptance"

"Hamburgers, she added, say you are down-to-earth"

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/08/09/fashion/09STEAK.html?em&ex=1186804800&en=f269f7a170e39f66&ei=5087%0A

I have never given my order thought beyond a) what do i want and b) will this make a mess and on occassion, c) will this reheat well...

3 comments:

Katy said...

will this reheat well implies that you are going to leave a significant portion uneaten. poor form for a forward!

Emily said...

can i be forgiven at a place like Cheesecake Factory?

Renee said...

This article made me want to puke on every level. Like (a) to be a real woman you have to eat meat (b) to be a real woman you have to eat significant amounts of food that are totally not healthy and (c) you have to care what men think.

I am so glad I don't have any pressure to be a real woman!