Monday, November 05, 2007

doing it

I beat Katie Holmes by over an hour at the NYC Marathon, which I think is awesome (in part because I assume she has access to trainers and such that I don't have!). Amazing experience, but I wouldn't make running my sole extracurricular. Too solo (obviously). Everyone around you at the finish line is concerned with themselves, and not that excited about your accomplishment as a group.

That being said, I'm wearing my medal to work tomorrow. And did enjoy the random congrats from strangers on the sidewalk in NY.

2 comments:

Katy said...

yay! you're so incredible. I am so proud of you for training for and COMPLETING a marathon. the fact that you beat famous people goes without saying. Clearly you are way radder than any of them. Good for you and congratulations, friend!

mikaroni said...

Dude that's awesome! I wish I could have been there to greet you at the end. And then quietly laugh with you when TomKat finished. Or half of TomKat. Or whatever. Not that we would have waited an hour for her to get there. Our time is important.

:)